Sunday, February 18, 2018

Review: The Undressing: Poems

The Undressing: Poems The Undressing: Poems by Li-Young Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't say enough about how much I liked this poetry collection, in fact reading some of them aloud made me sob my eyes out. That's how deep and emotionally affecting they are, but not in an Instagram poetry way. This is the real stuff.

The poems are about desire, belonging, and family. My favorites are "Love Succeeding" and "Sandalwood," but the longer title poem is pretty unforgettable.

I need to go back and read his earlier work!

I had an eARC from the publisher and the title is out February 20, 2018.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.