Saturday, April 2, 2016

New Books In - March 2016

This was a lighter month for buying books and most of them were for vacation!

The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy
Soft Apocalypse by Will McIntosh
All the Old Knives by Olen Steinhauer
Light Years by James Salter

We spent a few days in Beaufort, SC, and considering Pat Conroy's recent passing and Beaufort being his longtime home, I thought bringing one of his earlier books with me would be wise. Of course I didn't end up reading it this time around, and will probably save it for our next trip to the low country. The McIntosh was one of the Amazon Kindle daily deals, although I'd had it on my to-read list. The Salter was a book I'd gotten from interlibrary loan but knew I wasn't going to enjoy reading the type and yellowed pages, so bought a paperback. Haven't cracked it! The Steinhauer was my response to my husband asking me to pick an audiobook for us to listen to on our drive down, and is the only book from this list that I have finished.

Have you brought any new books home lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.